One of the most popular email services on the web, Gmail is being increasingly adopted by many individuals. However, instances might occur when you are certain that you are entering the correct login credentials for your Gmail account, but you are unable to access your account on your iPhone. One of the commonly occurring issues, Gmail not working on iPhone or Gmail stopped working on iPhone can be both confusing and frustrating. Here, we will cover the reason why Gmail not loading on iPhone and how to fix it if your Gmail not working on my iPhone.
Why is my Gmail not working on my iPhone?
There could be numerous reasons why your Gmail not working on iPhone. When you encounter this, you might notice the following problems:
- You won’t be able to send Mail, or your Mail must be stuck in ‘send.’
- You wouldn’t be able to receive any new emails.
- Might not be able to read or even open any
- Might be facing the problem of an error (Account not synced)
- Gmail app working slow
The following steps will help you in case your Gmail not working on iPhone-
Step 1: To get the latest fixes on issues to update your Gmail app.
- Gmail works best and can execute all of its functions effectively when working on the updated version.
Step 2: Restart your device.
Step 3: Check your settings
- Confirm that you are online/offline by trying opening a website
- Turn off airplane mode to check the network issues
- Check Gmail sync settings by opening the Gmail app’s setting
- Check your phone or tablet settings by tapping users and Account
Step 4: Clear your storage.
- Syncing won’t work if your phone is running out of space.
- First of all, uninstall apps that you don’t use and move the files to your computer. Otherwise, delete it.
Step 5: Check your password – Open Gmail on your computer, the following can be the reason for Gmail not loading
- invalid login id password
- username and password not accepted
In case you are asked to enter username and password again and again then make sure to enter the correct password, and in case you are using 2 step verification, you would need to sign in using an app password.
Step 6: Clear your Gmail information
The following steps might delete your data and storage –
- Open your device’s Settings and then tap on apps and notifications and then app info. Once it is done, tap on Gmail storage and transparent data and then RESTART YOUR DEVICE.
- Also, check that you are using a browser that works with Gmail and review the browser extension and application installed as they might be preventing Gmail from loading.
- Clear browser’s cache and cookies, and if the issue persists, check G SUITE DASHBOARD.
Common Gmail Issues on iPhone
To troubleshoot Gmail issues with iPhone, first, you should identify the reason why the issue has occurred. If your Gmail is not working on iPhone, there are various methods by which you can resolve the issue. Ranging from the Gmail calendar not showing on iPhone to Gmail password not working on iPhone, there are various Gmail problems on iPhone that you can troubleshoot easily and access your Gmail account.
- Gmail not loading on iPhone
- Gmail app not loading on iPhone
- Gmail password not working on iPhone
- Gmail not syncing with iPhone
- Gmail not updating on iPhone
- Can’t get google mail on my iPhone
- Can’t add Gmail to iPhone
- Gmail won’t load on iPhone
- Gmail not working on iPhone 11
- Gmail not working on iPhone XR
- Gmail not working on iPhone X
- Gmail not working on iPhone 8
- Gmail not working on iPhone 6 plus
- Gmail not working on iPhone 6s
- not receiving Gmail on iPhone
- how to add a Gmail account to iPhone
- setting up Gmail on iPhone 6
- how to get Gmail on my iPhone
- create new Gmail account on iPhone
- can i find my Gmail password on my iPhone
- how do i delete a Gmail account from my iPhone
- Gmail not working on iPhone after password change
How to fix if my Gmail not working on my iPhone?
You may often encounter an issue with your Gmail account if you are trying to use Gmail on your iPhone while roaming on a vacation. You may see that Gmail stopped working on iPhone and that you are unable to access your account at all. This issue can persist even when you return home from vacation. You will usually come across the message – “Cannot Get Gmail”, “Cannot Send Mail”, etc. However, you can resolve this Gmail app not working on iPhone issue by following some simple troubleshooting steps discussed under:
- Look for alerts on the Gmail website.
- Review your recent devices using Google’s website.
- Do a CAPTCHA reset.
- Ensure that the IMAP is enabled.
- Remove your Gmail Account from your device and reload it.
Troubleshooting Common Gmail issues on iPhone
iPhone users often come across Gmail issues on their phone that include Gmail on iPhone not working, Gmail app for iPhone not working, or Gmail problems with iPhone. Before you start with Gmail troubleshooting on your iPhone, ensure that you have a reliable internet connection. This is due to the fact that internet connectivity is a major requisite for online services including Gmail app for working properly on your iPhone. Another potential solution for Gmail problems with iPhone is to reset the network settings. An incorrect setting can result in Gmail to suddenly stop working on your iPhone. In such cases, revert the settings to its initial configuration or perform a network settings reset on your iPhone.
- Gmail not loading on iPhone:
One of the common reasons why Gmail doesn’t load on iPhone is that IMAP is disabled in Gmail settings. If IMAP is disabled, you cannot receive any emails from the mail server.
- Gmail app not loading on iPhone:
The reason your Gmail app is not loading on iPhone includes many incorrect mail or fetch settings. All you need to do is log out from all the mail clients and other applications accessing your Gmail account.
- Gmail password not working on iPhone:
You may often see that the Gmail password is not working on iPhone and that you are unable to log in. You will come across the message “The username or password for imap.gmail.com is incorrect” even if you enter the correct login credentials.
- Gmail not syncing with iPhone:
If you notice that Gmail is not syncing with iPhone, you cannot send or receive any email, cannot open or read mail, your inbox will stop updating with new messages, and so on. The best way to ensure that the issue is resolved is by ensuring that you are connected to the internet.
- Gmail not updating on iPhone:
If your Gmail is not updating on iPhone, try resetting your WiFi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN, and APN settings by tapping on Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.
- Can’t get Google Mail on my iPhone:
There could be multiple reasons why you can’t get Google Mail on your iPhone. However you can fix it either by visiting the Gmail website and check for alerts or by doing a CAPTCHA reset on your computer.
- Can’t add Gmail to iPhone:
Instances occur when you cannot add Gmail to iPhone due to multiple reasons. To resolve this, go to settings and tap on add account. Ensure that the account type is set to IMAP, hostname is set to imap.gmail.com, and the username has your complete email address. Set the outgoing server to smtp.gmail.com and save the changes.
- Gmail won’t load on iPhone:
If you see that Gmail won’t load on iPhone, it means that the IMAP is diasbled in Gmail settings. It will restrict you to receive any emails too. Enable IMAP to resolve the issue.
- Not receiving Gmail on iPhone:
You can resolve this issue by going to the Gmail website on your iPhone and enabling your device. Besides, ensure that you are logged out of any other account on your iPhone.
- How to add a Gmail account to iPhone:
To add a Gmail account to iPhone, open the Gmail app on your iPhone first. Next, tap your profile picture on the top right of your mobile screen. Then, tap on Add another account and choose the type of account of your choice. Lastly, follow the on-screen instructions to add your Gmail account.
- Setting up Gmail on iPhone 6:
To set up Gmail on iPhone 6, go to settings and tap on Mail. Next, tap on add account and select Google. Enter your email address and tap Next. Lastly, enter your password and tap on Next and Save.
- How to get Gmail on my iPhone?
Getting Gmail on your iPhone requires you to go to settings and tap on Mail. Next, tap on add account and select Google. Enter your email address and tap Next. Lastly, enter your password and tap on Next and Save.
- Create new Gmail account on iPhone:
Gmail on iPhone allows you to manage your emails on your fingertips. To create a new Gmail account on iPhone, go to Settings > Accounts & Passwords > Add Account > Google > More Options. You can now create a new account.
- Can I find my Gmail password on my iPhone?
If your Gmail password is lost or forgotten, you can easily recover it using some simple steps. All you need to do is tap on the Forgot Password option and follow the on-screen instructions to recover your Gmail password on iPhone.
- How do I delete a Gmail account from my iPhone:
If you want to delete a Gmail account from your iPhone, open the Gmail app first. Tap on the Menu option and then on the Email account at the top left side. Ensuring that your Gmail account is highlighted, tap on Remove.
- Gmail not working on iPhone after password change:
Go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Select your ACcount > Account Name. Next, tap on SMTP and then on the Primary Server. Lastly, enter your email account username and password to ensure that Gmail is working fine.
Gmail not Syncing on iPhone (Top Models)
You might encounter iPhone Gmail not working issues due to disabled IMAP in Gmail settings. Most of the Gmail problems with iPhone occur if IMAP is disabled on your iPhone as a result of which you will not be able to receive any emails from the server, regardless of the correct usage of login credentials. Sometimes, Gmail password not working on iPhone issues can occur due to installed add-ons or browser extensions. They prevent Gmail from working on your iPhone.
Gmail not Updating on iPhone 11:
If you are unable to access your Gmail Account on iPhone 11, it means there are connectivity issues, email server issues, incorrect settings on the iPhone, or faulty updates. You can follow some simple troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue.
Gmail not Loading on iPhone XR:
If you find that Gmail is not working on iPhone XR, try quitting the app first and restart it. You can also do a soft reset of your iPhone XR followed by updating the Gmail app.
Gmail App not Updating on iPhone X:
When Gmail is not working on iPhone X, the issue is usually associated with the mail app. You can add or remove an email account to fix this by navigating to settings > Accounts & Passwords.
Gmail not syncing on iPhone 8:
You can resolve this by removing your Gmail account and setting it up again. All you need to do is go to settings and follow the on-screen instructions to add an account on your iPhone 8.
Gmail App not working on iPhone 6 Plus:
A disabled IMAP setting can result in your inability to access your Gmail account on iPhone 6 Plus. Go to settings and follow the on-screen instructions to add an account on your iPhone 6 plus and resolve the issue.
Gmail not Loading on iPhone 6S:
If Gmail is not working on iPhone 6S, you might need a special password or request an authorization from Gmail to send and receive email on your iPhone 6S. Ensure that your Gmail account settings are configured correctly.