Call Time: Average Wait: 3 mins. 24/7 Support, also available on Holidays.
HP printers are known for their best in class service for small to medium-size business. Prominently they are used by the individuals who are running small shops and other businesses. The promising services of the HP printers made them a world leader of the printing industry. Now there are times when you face some issues like the HP printer not printing in color and others. When you start facing this type of issue, then you look for answers to why won’t my printer print in color or why is my printer not printing in color. So we are here to help with all your queries; just read the entire blog to get complete help.
Why Won’t my HP Printer Print in Color?
There can be a couple of reasons for the HP printer not printing color. Some of them are so common that we usually ignore them. One of the main reasons to face this issue is the printer settings; most of the time, the user doesn’t complete the settings. If your page is set up to print in grayscale, then it can’t print in color. This will lead to the issue of HP printer printing blank pages, and if the settings are the issue, you need to change them.
Now, if the problem can occur because of various reasons, then it can also be resolved with various solutions.
How do I get my HP OfficeJet 3830 not Printing in Color?
HP 3830 is an all-in-one instant ink ready printer and used widely by small business and individual users. Sometimes you may face issues like HP OfficeJet 3830 not printing color. Now, this is one of the common errors that occur with most of the HP printers. To get rid of this printer not printing in color problem, use the below-given solution.
- The very step to fix the issue is to check the cartridge’s ink level. Usually, users don’t look into this. They try using different solutions and barely check for the ink level. Low ink level or empty cartridges can lead to this problem.
- Another approach is to check the cartridge’s malfunction. Many users report this issue that cartridges are showing some malfunctioning. In such cases, most of the time, you need to reinstall the cartridges. This will help to resolve the HP OfficeJet 3830 not printing color problem.
Why Won’t my HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 Print Color?
There are some common possible ways used to resolve the printer not printing in color issue. You can also use it without needing any technical knowledge, just follow the instruction as given and set your printer to color.
- The method involves the process that confirms that your printer can produce color; for this, you need to click on the print icon.
- In the next window, check that you have the “color” option selected; if not, then select it.
By following this process, you will set your HP OfficeJet pro 6978 to print color. This will resolve the HP OfficeJet pro 6978 not printing color.
How to resolve if HP OfficeJet 4650 won’t print Color?
One of the easiest ways to resolve the issue is to check the drivers’ compatibility. Most of the time, HP OfficeJet 4650 won’t print color takes place due to the wrong choice of drivers. So to resolve this, follow the simple steps given,
- If the printer is not printing in color, it can be because of the wrong drivers you are using.
- Install the correct drivers; you can go to the HP printer’s official website to download them online. On the website, look for your printer’s model number, select it and download the drivers.
This solution can help you to get the answer to why is my printer not printing in color. If you want to know and download drivers, then take the help of HP Customer Support.
Quick Ways to fix the HP Envy 4520 not Printing Color:
The issue can occur because of multiple reasons like corrupted files, missing directory, or some faulty settings. To get rid of hp envy 4520 not printing color, follow the steps given down.
- Confirm that you have correct drivers in your device.
- Check for connections, whether you have a wired or wireless connection. Ensure that it is working properly.
- You can also go for reinstalling the software and drivers. This can help to fix the issue easily.
With these quick methods, you can easily resolve the hp envy 4520 won’t printing color problems. You need to resolve these issues as soon as possible because if they are not resolved on time it can lead to temporary errors like HP printer error code 79 and others.
How to Troubleshoot the HP Envy 7640 won’t print in Color?
HP printers not printing in color is one of the major issues that you commonly encounter while using the device. The HP Envy 7640 won’t print in color, is also similar to all other printers; this can be resolved with a simple solution of hard reset.
- The very first thing is to check the cartridge’s ink level and malfunctioning. It is the prime cause of such issues, so look into it first.
- If the issue remains, then turn OFF the printer and clean it from inside, check for the printhead. Clogged printheads can be a significant reason for this problem.
After completing each step, check for the error resolved or not. Clogged or damaged printheads can become hard to fix. If the issue remains, then you can take help from the HP support forum.
Why is my DesignJet Printer printing Black Ink?
This can be because of various reasons like you have a default set of blank ink. Now, if this is the case, then you need to change the preferences. You can change these settings by just going to your printer’s settings.
Another reason for the DesignJet printer printing black ink is, your printer is out of other inks. You need to keep a check of ink level to avoid such small issues.
Why does my HP Printer not print Black?
The HP printer not printing black is also another common issue that users face frequently. This issue can occur anytime, and this is because of various reasons. Some of the reasons are so common that we ignore them and search for something technical. You just need to look for some usual things to resolve the problem.
Why HP Photosmart 6510 not Printing Black?
HP printer won’t print black or printer not printing black can also be resolved if you set your printer settings to print only in black. You can use this solution, but if you don’t want to, we have some other easy solutions to fix your Photosmart 6510 not printing black issues.
Check your printhead
- Before heading to the printhead, first, try to check the ink level and malfunctioning of the cartridges. Most of the time, the issue is resolved by checking the ink cartridges. Now, if that won’t work, then you can look for the printhead.
- You can use the automatic cleaning printhead feature, but this process will use a lot of your ink. Also, you can run the automatic clean for a limited number of times.
After completing the cleaning, re-align your printer, do a complete cleanup and then start using it. Check for the HP printer black ink not printing issue is resolved or not.
What to do if the HP OfficeJet 3830 not Printing Black?
This can happen anytime when your HP OfficeJet 3830 not printing black. To resolve the issue, you can use the basic steps as mentioned below.
- Do a soft reset of your printer by just turning off the printer and disconnecting the USB. Now reconnect all the disconnected devices after two or three minutes.
- Switch ON the printer and now try printing.
This soft reset of your printer usually helps in most cases to get rid of the HP OfficeJet 3830 not printing black problems.
HP DeskJet 3520 not Printing Black Ink: What to do?
If your HP DeskJet 3520 is not printing black ink, then it can be because of faulty hardware or some cartridges issue. Follow the given steps to make the trick happen,
- Unplug all the connected devices and cables from the primer and then restart it after 2-3 minutes.
- Now you should print a “Quality Diagnostic Report,” or you can also print a test page.
- To print a test page, go to the printer screen, and you will easily find the option. You can also take help from the user guide.
HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 not Printing Black – How to fix it?
This can possibly be because of some common reasons like the printhead, ink level, or improper alignment of cartridges. To fix the issue, go through the given steps,
- The clogged printhead is one of the main reasons you need to check for it.
- You can also clean it automatically to fix the issue, but remember it uses a lot of ink.
- Check for the proper alignment of the cartridges.
These are some of the common and best solutions that you should use to fix HP OfficeJet pro 6978 not printing black.
Simple Solution to fix HP OfficeJet 4620 not Printing Black:
If you tried using most of the methods to fix the HP OfficeJet 4620 not printing black then try using the manual cleaning of your printer.
- First try cleaning the printer with the automatic process.
- Align the printheads and clean them manually using soft cloth. Clean it until the swabs become clear and no ink coming out on the cloth.
This is the best way to get rid of this issue; if you want further support, then you can connect with HP support.
HP Photosmart 6520 not Printing Black: Reason and Solution
There are times when the Hp printer won’t print black ink, and this can continue for a long time. Now, if you are also facing the same issue with your HP Photosmart 6520, then check the below-given points.
- Ensure that you are not using any other brand cartridges. The error can occur because of the use of some other brand or local brand cartridges.
- Keep a check of the ink level, and if you recently replaced the ink cartridges, then make sure you placed them correctly.
Can I use my HP Printer with Only Black Ink?
If the HP printer won’t print black, then you can use the option to set it to print only in black. The process to set it as default is quite simple; just follow the given steps.
- Go to your software and then click on the “Print”.
- Here you will get the list of added printers, select the one you want to set.
- Go to any of the options shown in your software “Properties, Options, Printer Setup, or Preferences” and click on it.
- On the next window, click on the Paper/Quality or Features tab.
- In this window, you will get the “Advanced” option; click on it.
- Now select “print in grayscale” and then select “Black Only” and click on the “Black & White” button.
Why is my Printer Black Ink not Working?
There is a gamut of reasons possible to cause the printer black ink not working. We concluded some of the most common reasons, just have a look.
- Clogged printhead
- Low level or empty cartridges
- Cartridge malfunctioning
- Other brand cartridges
- Improper alignment of the printhead
These are some of the common reasons that you usually encounter when you face the HP printer won’t print black ink.
With this process, you will set your printer to default printing of black color. This method will also help to resolve the HP printer won’t print black issues. Use the given methods to resolve all your HP printer black ink not printing and HP printer not printing color issues. And if any issue persists then you can connect with the HP Support Assistant.
Frequently Asked Questions & Answers – HP Printer
Question – Why is My HP Printer Not Printing?
Answer – In case your HP printer is not printing correctly, that may arise due to many reasons. Some of the causes and fixes are given below.
- Improper connections – Check if the printer is connected to the power source directly without any surge adapters and see if the USB cable is connected to the computer properly.
- Low level or empty ink cartridges – Your printer cartridges might have run out of ink. Check the estimated ink levels and replace any low or empty ink cartridges.
- Improper cartridge alignment – Your printer cartridges may be aligned improperly. To align them correctly, use the alignment page to complete the alignment process.
Question – Why is My HP Printer Not Printing Colors Correctly?
Answer – The issue of your HP printer not printing colors correctly can arise due to many reasons. Some of those reasons and their fixes are given below.
- Blocked Printhead – Your printer’s printhead may be clogged, preventing the printer from printing correctly. To clean the printhead, use the printer printhead cleaning function, which are built-in HP printers.
- Faulty cartridges – Your printer cartridges may be defective. Try printing from a new cartridge and compare the results. Change the cartridge if needed.
- Improper printer preferences – You might have changed your printer preferences settings to ‘Grayscale’ by mistake. Make sure ‘Print in all black’ and ‘Grayscale’ is disabled.
Question – How Do I Fix An HP Printer That Is Printing Blank?
Answer – If your HP printer is printing blank pages, check for the reasons and their fixes given below.
- Clogged or empty Ink cartridges – Your printer won’t print appropriately if your cartridges are improperly installed, clogged, or just empty. Check for the ink cartridges for all these issues and make sure they are in proper condition.
- Outdated Printer drivers – Another reason for this error might be due to obsolete printer drivers. Update your printer drivers manually or automatically to get your printer running in prime condition.
- Damaged/Missing printer spooler files – Damaged/missing printer spooler files might cause your printer not to print correctly. Configure your printer spooler service files to make your printer run like before.
Question – How Do I Fix The Color Problems On My HP Printer?
Answer – Your HP printer might have color problems due to various reasons. Follow the given causes and their fixes given below.
- Check your printer settings – Your printer might have incorrect settings in the program used for printing. Select the proper color and print quality settings for the desired color print.
- Print from a different software program – The software program you’re using for printing might have problems. Try using other software programs to print and see any changes.
- Check the paper-type settings – Wrong paper settings in the paper-type settings can cause improper color printing. Check the settings in the Paper/Quality tab and select the correct paper type.
Question – How Do I Clean My Printhead Manually?
Answer – Cleaning HP printhead manually is an easy task but should be done carefully to avoid damage to the printhead since they are delicate. Follow the steps given below.
- Open the printer and remove all the ink cartridges.
- Set the cartridges aside on a paper towel while carrying on with the cleaning process.
- Remove the printhead by lifting the latch holding cartridges in the carriage. The printhead would be removed.
- Wipe away the excess ink on the printhead with a damp lint-free cloth.
- Place the printhead in a container with submerged paper towels with the nozzle facing down.
- After the printhead soak for ten minutes, please remove it from the box and place it on a dry paper towel with the nozzle facing up.
- Reinstall the printhead in the printer and then reinstall the cartridges. Then rerun the cleaning function on the cartridges before printing.
Question – Why Is My Printer Not Printing The Correct Color?
Answer – If your HP printer is not printing colors appropriately, follow the given steps to fix it.
- Try uninstalling and then reinstalling the HP printer driver.
- Make sure you’re using only the genuine HP ink cartridges or Toners.
- Make sure that you’re using the appropriate paper type for your printing.
- Check the print settings to see if they’re set according to the nature of Print desired.
- A low level of ink can affect print quality. Check for ink levels and replace the ink cartridge if necessary.
- Make sure the print cartridges and printhead is aligned correctly with the printer.
- Clean the area around print nozzles manually in case you see any smears on the printouts.
Question – How Do I Enable Color Printing?
Answer – To enable color printing on an HP printer, you need to follow the steps given below.
- Click on the Start button on your Windows desktop and go to the Devices and Printers option.
- Choose and right-click on the printer you want to use.
- Locate and click on the option Printing preferences.
- Locate the print color option and select the Color option and then click on Ok.
- Now your HP printer is set to print in the color mode.
- If the color option is still not activated, go to Printer Properties and click on the Advanced tab. Select the Printing defaults button and click on the Advanced button. Under the printer features, ensure that Print in Grayscale is Off.
Question – Why Is My Color Cartridge Not Printing In Color?
Answer – Your color cartridge might not be printing colors due to specific reasons. These are,
- Your printer setup might be set to Grayscale. Uncheck the Grayscale option in the printer settings and change the settings to default for printing in color.
- Your cartridge might be clogged. Clean your printer cartridge using the built-in cleaning function in your HP printer to print colors again.
- Run a diagnostic page and check if the test pattern shows colors. If it does, your printer is running fine.
- Check for any faulty cartridges that might be causing this issue. Replace with a new and original HP cartridge to make it work again.