Learn How to troubleshoot the AOL Not Working issue on iPhone, iPad, and Mac
One of the popular webmail services, AOL, has been consistently providing email services since the 1990s. Whether it is sharing large files, communicating, and customizing features, AOL proves to be one of the best emailing platforms globally. However, instances occur when issues like AOL not responding happen, and you cannot access your emails at all. While these issues could be frustrating, you can follow some simple troubleshooting steps to get rid of it and also fix various other AOL Mail issues like AOL mail not responding on iPhone, AOL mail not working on iPad, AOL not working on Mac, etc. Read on to explore why such problems occur and how you can fix them in no time.
Why Is AOL Mail Not Working?
Before we start troubleshooting the AOL mail not working issue, it is important that you identify the reason behind the issue. There could be several reasons why your AOL Mail not working or why your AOL Mail not receiving emails. However, the below-mentioned are the most common reasons that could affect your AOL account and restrict you from accessing your emails:
- A glitch in the mobile browser
- Wrong incoming server details
- Syncing issues of AOL with the email client
- Change in password by the AOL Mail user
Now that you have understood why the AOL Mail not working today issue occurs, you can move forward and follow some troubleshooting guidelines to fix the issue.
AOL Mail Not Working on iPhone? Here’s The Fix!
Instances may occur that you encounter issues like AOL not working on iPhone and wonder how to fix it. Follow the below-mentioned troubleshooting steps to get rid of the issue and get started with using your AOL account:
- First, ensure that you have a proper internet connection on your iPhone. Check for the internet speed as a poor internet speed can cause slow loading of web pages. Alternatively, try connecting with other available WiFi networks to fix the AOL not working on iPhone issue.
- Another way to fix the AOL not responding or AOL not working today issues on iPhone is by clearing the cache and junk files on your iPhone. This helps you get smoother accessibility and ensures the elimination of any issues with the AOL Mail account.
- Next, disable all the active browser extensions and plugins from your device. These can cause problems while you use your AOL Mail account. In case there are third-party applications installed on your iPhone, uninstall them to solve the AOL not responding issue.
- Lastly, disable all the security or antivirus programs from your device. Instances occur when new definitions cause issues due to updates, and you encounter challenges leading to AOL Mail not working issues.
How To Fix When AOL Not Working On Mac?
As we have already read why the AOL Mail not working or AOL Mail not responding occur, let’s have a look at how you can troubleshoot the issue if you are using Mac:
- Run the Connection Doctor app on your Mac device.
- Tap on the mail icon on the Applications menu, and select the Window option.
- Tap on the Connection Doctor option to display the connection status.
- If you notice that the status is marked in red, it means that your device is not connected to the internet.
- If you aren’t receiving any emails, go to the Accounts menu, select the Advanced tab, and uncheck the box near the Use SSL option.
- Change the user account information and settings of the mail server, if required.
- Tap the inbox option below the Setup AOL Account option to refresh the inbox.
- Restart your Mac device and check whether the AOL not working on Mac issue is resolved or not.
Tips To Resolve The AOL Not Working On iPad Issue
To resolve the AOL not working on iPad issue, follow the below-mentioned troubleshooting guidelines:
- Tap on settings and navigate to Mail. Contacts, Calendars on your iPad.
- Check whether the email address is correct or not by selecting your AOL email account.
- In the Host Name field, ensure that imap.aol.com is displayed.
- Ensure that the primary server is filled with smtp.aol.com by tapping on the SMTP option. Toggle on the server switch on your iPad.
- Send an email or ask someone to send you an email. This will help you in verifying whether the AOL not working on iPad or AOL login problems are resolved or not.
How To Fix AOL Not Working On Chrome?
To resolve the AOL not working on Chrome issue, you can follow the various troubleshooting methods listed below:
1st Method: Delete Browsing Data
- Launch Google Chrome on your device.
- Ensure that all the tabs are closed, and only one blank tab is opened.
- On the top-right corner, click on the extension icon to open the menu box.
- Click on the more tool option and select the Delete Browsing Data option.
- Set a time range and click on the clear data option to complete the process.
- Check whether the can’t open AOL Mail in Google Chrome issue has been resolved or not.
2nd Method: Reset Web Settings
- Launch the Chrome browser on your computer.
- Click on the extension icon located at the top-right corner of the screen.
- From the menu box, click on settings and scroll down the page to locate the Advance setting option.
- Click on Reset under the Reset and clean up option.
Is Your AOL Not Working With Outlook? Here’s The Fix!
One of the most common issues AOL not working with Outlook restricts you from accessing your emails. It is recommended that you ensure the appropriate setup and configuration of AOL Mail settings. You can follow the below-mentioned troubleshooting methods to fix the issue:
1st Method: Updating The Password
- Launch Outlook and locate Email Accounts or Account Settings.
- Update your new/changed password by choosing your AOL email account.
2nd Method: Ensure Correct Incoming Server Details
Encountering issues like AOL not working with Outlook requires you to ensure the correct IMAP or POP settings. Use IMAP settings as it is appropriate for the AOL email client.
3rd Method: Update the Email Application
Instances occur when you use an outdated version of the email client and that the version is incompatible with the latest security settings. This can lead to the issue of AOL not working with Outlook. To avoid this, update the email client with the newest version and ensure the AOL email account’s smooth functioning.
While AOL Mail not working issues could be frustrating and restrict you from sending or receiving any emails, you can follow the troubleshooting guidelines mentioned here to get rid of them and start communicating using the AOL Mail account.